Ads by AdGenta.com
Ads by AdGenta.com

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Morning Drama : My everyday's story

By Rabin

Today also I didn't go to college. I don't know why I found it very difficult to wake up in the morning and go to the college. Today also I assured myself saying "It's not even that early. It's already 5.45 am. And I have to go to college." But all in vain because instantly my other mind argued. 'So what's the heck??? It's so cold outside. You will freeze.' My first mind snapped back, 'So??? You have got to study. Remember the courses are very hard and it needs your full concentration.' My second mind replied, 'You got a year to study them. I am talking about only today. From tomorrow I will go to college.' And my second mind won. I slept till 7.15 in the morning.

When I woke up, it was already time to go to office. Grumpily I left my bed. My second mind was still arguing but I throttled my second mind. Taking break fast like "Fast Man" I rushed to my office. Damn there's no micro bus. It was already late and here I was waiting for micro (this is the biggest disadvantage of having no bikes). Then it came and was so packed there was even no place to put my tiny feet and the conductor was urging me to get in. I snapped back, 'Am I supposed to sit on the heads??' He stared me furiously and asked his boss (the driver – who was busy in talking in his mobile) to move ahead.

I waited another 5 minutes then finally another micro came. I had made up my mind that I would get in no matter how many people already there but luckily it was not so packed. Feeling good I get in. After sometime, small but raunchy conductor asked me the fare. I gave him 10 Rs. note and told him I have got Student's Identity Card (In Nepal Student's Identity card provides you 33% discount on bus fares). He demanded to see my card. Feeling irksome I handed over my card. He took it and with his eagle eyes scrutinized my card. And suddenly he told me I can't get discount because validity of my card is over. My head became hot with rage. I asked him has he ever been to college. I asked him duration of undergraduate course (in Nepal it's 3 years), he replied no. I told him flatly the card is valid and I get discount because I am undergraduate student. He was also not in mood to let it go. He argued back whatever the case, the validity is over. I had a row with him and other passengers were staring back to us. Here I was fighting for 2 Rs though I earn a lot than this. After my heated debate he seemed to get some idea and gave me my discount. Swelling with pride I put that 2 Rs in my pocket and told him to watch out. I haven't had got time to renew my card so I thought tomorrow I am gonna go to college and renew it any how.

Then finally I reached the Ratna Park and it was already 8.10 (And my office starts at 8.00 sharp). I reminded myself everyone gets late, so just make an excuse. Then I saw there standing tall and swelling like brass a Traffic Police. This was the last thing I wanted to see at this eleventh hour. (Remind you that NO MICRO BUSES TO LAGANKHEL WITH ROUTE NO. 14 ARE ALLOWED HERE TO WAIT FOR PASSENGER, or haven't I told you??? If so keep in mind) So no micros there for me. Cursing the traffic officer, I walked for another 3 minutes where micros of Lagankhel are parked. I reached there and get in to the micro but unfortunately it was empty. I waited there in an empty micro praying it would get filled soon and move ahead. It took whole 10 minutes to get filled. Finally I was on my way toward my dear office. I reached there at 8.35 and everyone were already there (those who used to reach late are also there on time). Smiling like I am participating in dental showcase, I said sorry and began working.

1 comment:

simpleman9 said...

generally its the problem of all

some times i really feel like that though i am concious about what i have to do but also i am repeating the same thing.

after that i realise my mistakes and always plan to improve my mistakes but habit is habit?????

i think we need strong determination 4 it