Ads by AdGenta.com
Ads by AdGenta.com

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Workaholic: Am I?

Am I being workaholic? The question began hitting me ever since I began working in new project and pondering over scripts. I am thinking about my work wherever I go. Whether I am on the bus or with friends, I think about how to make my drama wonderful or script catchy and interesting. Most of times even with my friends instead of talking about other aspect of life, I talk about my working life - My office is moving this way now, I am working on it or my character of drama is like this or I have to go for interview and such questions I need to ask or etc. So I tried to find out the definition of workaholic. Wikipedia defines term workaholic as " A workaholic is a person addicted to work. This addiction may be pleasurable to the victim or it may be burdensome and troubling." Wondering why I am feeling so, it's because now I have started liking working extra hours, think about the work even while not working. So I decided to find it out more.

Wikipedia further defines, "Workaholism is believed by some to be a disease, akin to obsessive compulsive disorder. The problem is that workaholics believe that if they do not work, their world will collapse. If a person thinks he or she is the only person capable of performing their work, he or she is most likely a workaholic. Although most workaholism is associated with a paying job, it can also be associated with people who excessively practice sports, music, art, or blogging, for example."

Well I do not think so much that not working would make my world collapse but it surely makes me feel good if I am engaged in some sort of work either that's official or others. And I do have feeling that I am the best in my work no matter how poor my evaluation results are. I do whatever I feel like I could do or whatever that interests me. Blogging, working, studying, involving in various activities etc all are pointing towards same. Then I saw another line, "The term is often used inaccurately to describe an energetic person who devotes a lot of time to work despite having good relations with co-workers, taking pleasure in other non-remunerative activities, being well rested, and attending properly to family and social life. Workaholics do not necessarily love their work or try to excel in their work." But I love my work and I always try to excel. I love to be in gatherings, parties and other social activities. I always care about my dear ones and give high priority to them. I do my work not just because others want me to do but also because I love to do. So may be I am not workaholic instead energetic person. May be…….

4 comments:

Ssmriti said...

so that makes me an energetic person too :-) gud to hear about it.

Anonymous said...

Definitely everyone of us would like to put ourselve under catagory energetic. who wants to be workaholic...hehehe...me too Energetic

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Main problem with me is I can't allocate time for my family and relatives.

But I don't think I am that much workaholic as I think about work everytime or pondering on what I want to do ! Think, that might be temporary too ! Besides, it's my high time as the age guides.

Information is good but I think it's better not to term myself as workaholic in regard to 'my work and my circle' !